OVERNIGHT APPLE CRISP FRENCH TOAST

I’m gonna admit, this is just an excuse to eat dessert for breakfast.
Overnight Apple Crisp French Toast: a layer of apple crisp on top of overnight french toast! Perfect make ahead breakfast for Mother's Day or Christmas! www.thereciperebel.com

Since making these Apple Crisp Pancakes, and this French Toast, and this French Toast… I got to thinking, “why couldn’t I build an apple crisp on top of baked French toast?”
So I did.
Best. Decision. Ever.
Overnight Apple Crisp French Toast: a layer of apple crisp on top of overnight french toast! Perfect make ahead breakfast for Mother's Day or Christmas! www.thereciperebel.com

Since baked French toast usually bakes for close to an hour, I wasn’t worried about the apples being tender or the streusel crisping up. It worked perfectly!
Now, this isn’t the most responsible breakfast you could ever eat. Let’s say it’s even just a little… indulgent.
But let’s just say maybe every once in a while you like to make a meal out of dessert. Brinner is the best way to do this!
Overnight Apple Crisp French Toast: a layer of apple crisp on top of overnight french toast! Perfect make ahead breakfast for Mother's Day or Christmas! www.thereciperebel.com

There are some people who might look at you funny if you sit down to dinner with a slice of cheesecake. But a plate of pancakes or waffles? It must be Breakfast for Dinner night!
A pan of French toast?
Perfectly acceptable meal!
And if anyone is going to judge you for smothering your French toast in a layer of apple crisp, you’re better off without them.
This is, hands down, the best French toast I’ve ever eaten.
Because – hello – streusel. Crisp. Crumble. You should probably put it on everything, if you don’t already.
Overnight Apple Crisp French Toast: a layer of apple crisp on top of overnight french toast! Perfect make ahead breakfast for Mother's Day or Christmas! www.thereciperebel.com
And if you’re one of those people who likes just a pan of crumble to eat by the handful, check out My Other Favorite Thing in The Universe: Salty Hazelnut Brown Sugar Crumble.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét